Thursday, June 9, 2011

Round Three

This was definitely my favorite of the three social justice classes at our intensives. It felt more in depth, more engaging, and more relevant. I particularly enjoyed the exercise with the charcoal alternatives. It really helped me think more critically about the importance of social justice in business decisions. I mentioned this in my personal reflection on my team paper, but I felt that most of my learning came outside of class this quarter. I guess you never know where learning is going to come from. Though I had a lot of problems with this course, I still feel I have a deeper sense of social justice in my life now than at the beginning of the quarter. I'm not convinced it was due to the course materials, but whatever the reason, I'm happy with my progress.

1 comment:

  1. Hello dear Benjamin

    I like to think about 'seeding the field' so that revelations can happen, occur, or be realized. By that I mean it doesn't matter where the learning comes from, but that it did happened; and I believe that it happened because we seeded the field - gave you relative context to be aware of or ability to stay open to the synchronicities and events of your life.

    Anyway Benjamin, I really don't care how it happened.... I am delighted that you found something of value in your life.

    I value and respect you,

    masai

    ReplyDelete